Here is a couple of things you are waking up to this morning
1. Co-op joins other banks in reducing interest rate
2.Analysts forecast drop in banks’ interest income
3. The 10 Richest Women In Africa
4. Commuters should not expect a reduction in fare prices any time soon even after fuel prices reduced by upto Sh11 a litre. The matatu owners association has quashed any such hopes, citing other attendant costs in running the transport business.
5. Uchumi Share Down Further on Profit Taking
6. A new era of lower electricity tariffs is set to open in Kenya as Government steps up efforts to minimise the cost of power. Electricity Regulatory Commission (ERC) is in the process of licensing Kenya Electricity Transmission Company (Ketraco), a State corporation to use its transmission lines to enable industrial consumers buy cheaper power from the open market.
7. According to Alfred Odawa, a consultant geologist at the Energy Ministry, Kenya plans to gazette and auction off new blocks for oil and gas exploration.
8. The government will spend 6.8 billion shillings to cater for the increment of salaries for civil servants for the year 2012/2013