Residents of Nairobi will have to stock up water as Ngethu Water Treatment plant shuts down for 24 hours.
Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company (NCWSC), through its facebook page, has issued a public notice of interruption of water supply in parts of Nairobi. The interruption will be due to complete shutdown of the Ngethu Water Treatment plant from 8.00am on Thursday 5th July 2012 to 7.00am on Friday 6th July 2012 for a period of 24 hours, paving way for further improvement in the carry capacity of the three transmission mains from the treatment plant to Gigiri reservoirs.
The following areas not receive water supply:
- Entire Industrial area
- Areas along Juja road: Mulango Kubwa, Mathare, Eastleigh, Airforce base, Huruma, Kariobangi, Pangani, Eastleigh
- Areas along Jogoo road: Maringo, Buruburu and surrounding estates, Bahati
- Areas along Outer-ring road: Baba Dogo, Dandora, Dandora KCC factory, Umoja, Kayole, Komarock Estate, Ruai area, Donholm, Fedha, Tassia, Avenue Park
- Areas along Thika road: Kenya Breweries, Kenyatta University, Kahawa Barrack, Kasarani, Mwiki, Kahawa Sukari, Garden Estate and Thome Estate
- Areas along Naivasha road: Mountain View Estate, Uthiru and its environs
- Areas along Limuru road: Parklands, Ngara area, Aga Khan Hospital
- University of Nairobi – School of Law and City park area
Areas not mentioned above will experience low pressures particularly Kilimani, Kileleshwa, Riverside Drive, Lavington, Westlands, Southlands, Parts of Langata, areas along Ngong road and Waiyaki Way.